If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, it may be necessary to consult with a slip and fall attorney Longwood, FL residents trust from David & Philpot P.L. We have helped many people like yourself receive compensation for slip and fall injuries. We offer free initial consultations, so there is no risk in speaking with us.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you were involved in a slip and fall accident that was caused by another person or entity’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries, as a slip and fall attorney in Longwood, FL can attest. However, in order to obtain that compensation, it’s important to act fast after the accident. Here are a few steps you may want to following after a slip and fall accident:
- Inspect the area: It may be a good idea to carefully look around the area to determine the reason for the fall, such as a spilled drink or loose carpeting. If you have your camera, take a few clear photo of the accident scene. This can all serve as evidence in court.
- Talk to witnesses: If there were other people present when you fell, don’t be afraid to ask them for their names and contact information. Your slip and fall attorney Longwood, FL clients respect may call on them as witnesses to testify on your behalf in court.
- Notify the owner or manager of the property: If the slip and fall accident occurred in a place of business, you may have to notify the owner or manager so that he or she can fill out an accident report.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you suffered seemingly minor injuries, it’s important to get medical care as soon as possible. A doctor can carefully examine your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. If you don’t get medical care right away, insurance adjusters may not believe you are truly hurt and deny your claim.
- Hire a Lawyer: To improve your chances of receiving fair compensation for your injuries, it may be in your best interest to hire a slip and fall attorney Longwood, FL residents count on. He may help you build a strong case and ensure your rights are protected.
What to Expect During Your Initial Consultation with a Lawyer
When you attend your first meeting with a Longwood slip and fall attorney, expect to be asked several different questions about your case. For example, your lawyer may want to know how the slip and fall accident happened and what injuries you suffered from it. If you have any evidence pertaining to the accident, such as medical records or witnesses statements, don’t forget to bring them with you to the consultation.
If you have any questions for the slip and fall attorney Longwood, FL clients depend on, do not hesitate to ask them.
If you are looking for a slip and fall attorney Longwood, FL offers, contact David & Philpot P.I. at 407-830-5050.