Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer Lakeland, Florida
Riding on an electric scooter is a fun and convenient way to get around in a city. However, if the proper safety precautions aren’t taken, accidents can happen and people can get hurt. If you were recently injured in an electric scooter accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation. It’s important to consult an electric scooter accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida from David & Philpot, P.L. about your case.
Common Causes of Electric Scooter Accidents
There are many reasons many electric scooter accidents occur in the U.S. every year. Here are the top causes of these accidents:
- Riding on the Sidewalk: Electric scooter riders must ride on the street like bicycles. However, not all riders abide by this rule. If they ride on the sidewalk, they are more likely to hit pedestrians.
- User Inexperience: As an electric scooter accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida can confirm, some people don’t know how to properly operate electric scooters. They may just get on the scooters because they’re so accessible. Unfortunately, inexperience can put riders and others in danger.
- Not Following Traffic Laws: Electric scooter riders are expected to follow all traffic laws, just like motorists and bicycles. They should stop at stop signs and lights, using turn signals and yield when necessary. Riders who don’t follow these traffic laws are more likely to cause accidents.
- Equipment Malfunctions: Many electric scooters accidents have resulted from equipment malfunctions. Many cases an electric scooter accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida has dealt with have involved motor failure, faulty brakes and battery problems.
- Road Hazards: Electric scooter riders can also face road hazards, like potholes and rugged roads. These hazards are especially rough on smaller wheels and can cause riders to fall off the scooter.
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries
If you were hurt by an electric scooter rider, you deserve to be compensated. However, electric scooter riders don’t usually have liability insurance. This can make it more difficult to receive fair compensation for your injuries. That’s why it’s important to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer Lakeland, FL residents trust. He or she can improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation. The amount of compensation you receive will depend on several different factors, such as if the scooter rider was at fault for your injuries and whether or not a business or city was responsible for a hazard that caused the accident.
Scheduling a Consultation With a Lawyer
Suffering injuries in an electric scooter accident can be a traumatic experience. If you hire an electric scooter accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida to handle your case, it will make everything a little less stressful. He or she can help you gather evidence, identify witnesses, fill out paperwork and protect your legal rights.
Contact an electric scooter accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida to set up a free consultation.