Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Deltona, FL
Motorcycle accidents occur every day in the U.S. and can result in life-threatening injuries. Here are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Inexperience: Operating a motorcycle is a lot different than operating a standard vehicle. That is why it is recommended for motorcyclists to complete proper training before heading out on the road. During training, they will learn how to operate a motorcycle, gauge conditions, and respond to situations. Unfortunately, some motorcyclists get on the road before they are ready and may be more likely to have accidents.
- Speeding: As a motorcycle accident lawyer Deltona, FL can confirm, many motorcycle accidents result from speeding. If a motorcyclist drives above the speed limit, it can lower their reaction times. They might not have enough time to stop if another vehicle suddenly pulls out in front of them.
- Making Left Turns: This type of accident occurs when a motorcyclist and motorist are approaching a four-way intersection at the same time from opposite directions. The motorist turns left without a green arrow and right in front of the motorcyclist because they didn’t see it approaching. The motorcyclist does not have any time to react and collides with the vehicle.
- Door Accidents: If someone in a standard vehicle is driving by while another motorist opens the door of their parked vehicle, it can tear off the door. On the other hand, if a motorcyclist slams into the door, he or she could get thrown off their motorcycle and hit the pavement, resulting in severe injuries.
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting: Lane splitting occurs when a motorcyclist drives between two lanes of stopped or slowing moving vehicles. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Deltona, FL can attest, lane splitting frequently causes accidents because there is not much space for the motorcycle to maneuver. Cars also don’t anticipate that a motorcycle will be passing them in stopped traffic.
- Collisions Between Motorcyclists and Fixed Objects: Motorcyclists crashing into fixed objects are a common cause of accidents. Since motorcyclists are not surrounded by a box of metal, they are likely to get thrown off and suffer head injuries and other life-threatening injuries.
- Hazardous Road Conditions: Dangerous road conditions, such as uneven pavement, loose gravel, and slippery surfaces, cause many motorcycle accidents. Motorcycles are much smaller than standard vehicles and have less stability, so they are more susceptible to these road conditions.
For more information about motorcycle accidents, contact our motorcycle accident lawyer Deltona, FL residents trust from The Law Offices of David & Philpot, PL. Call us today.