Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Deltona, FL
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you should speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer Deltona, FL residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a lawsuit against the driver who hit you and ensures your legal rights are protected.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists have less protection than drivers in passenger vehicles, so they are more likely to suffer severe injuries in accidents. Here are the most common types of motorcycle accident injuries:
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are the most severe injury a motorcyclist can endure in an accident. Head trauma is more likely to lead to permanent damage or death than other injuries. The best way to protect yourself against these injuries is to wear a helmet when you ride a motorcycle.
- Arm Injuries: It is common for motorcyclists to get launched off their motorcycles in the event of an accident. They put their arms in front of their bodies to brace them for a fall. This can result in broken arms, torn rotator cuffs and nerve damage in the arms.
- Road Rash: During a motorcycle accident, motorcyclists may slide across the pavement and suffer road rash. Unfortunately, road rash is not just a simple bruise or cut. It can lead to skin irritation, infections and even nerve damage. You can minimize the risk of road rash during an accident by wearing protective clothing, like a leather jacket, pants and thick gloves.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If the spinal cord is injured during a motorcycle accident, it can cause paralysis, which can be permanent.
- Broken Bones: Because motorcyclists do not have much protection from other vehicles, they are more likely to suffer broken bones during accidents. Broken bones are very painful and may take a long time to heal. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be required.
Why You Should Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit involves many complexities and can be very overwhelming. When you are trying to recover from your injuries, you do not need that extra stress in your life. That is why it is worth it to hire an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Deltona, FL to take care of your case. He or she will handle all the legwork, so you can focus on your recovery.
A skilled motorcycle accident lawyer also knows the true value of your case and will not let the insurance company offer you a settlement that is less than you deserve. When the insurers see that you have a confident lawyer on your side, they will be more likely to take you seriously and negotiate.
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you should schedule a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Deltona, FL. Call David & Philpot, PL today.