A Truck Accident Lawyer Lakeland, Fl Respects Explains Why Truck Crashes Often Occur
A truck accident lawyer in Longwood FL from David & Philpot, P.L can tell you that there are about 350,000 tractor-trailer crashes every year in this country. These crashes kill approximately 4,000 victims and leave another 95,000 people seriously injured. At David & Philpot, P.L., we have represented many victims and their families in seeking financial justice for the devastating pain and loss these accidents cause. With years of experience advocating for truck accident victims, we understand how complex these cases can be. We also understand the importance of holding those responsible for such accidents accountable for their actions.
Reasons Why Truck Accidents Occur
Although there are many factors which can cause a truck accident, a seasoned truck accident lawyer in Longwood FL knows there are several common reasons why these crashes occur.
One of the most dangerous factors that contribute to many truck accidents is the enormous pressure truck drivers feel to stick to unrealistic delivery and pickup schedules by the companies that employ them. All too often, their employers choose profits over safety. This pressure can cause a driver to ignore the rules of the road, as well as ignore the rules and regulations set by state and federal agencies who oversee the transportation industry.
- Speeding is one of the most frequent reasons why truck accidents occur. Often the reason a driver might speed is to meet their delivery goal in order to keep their job. The driver may then ignore posted speed limits, but a speeding truck can be just as lethal as a speeding bullet. Large commercial trucks require much more time than other vehicles to slow down or come to a complete stop. A truck driver who is speeding and suddenly has to come to a complete stop puts everyone around them at a high risk of injury or death. A truck accident lawyer in Longwood FL may be able to prove that the driver’s negligence led to your injury.
- Drowsy driving is another result of these almost unattainable schedules is that many truck drivers stay on the road driving longer than they are legally allowed to and/or skip required breaks. This means the driver is not getting sufficient rest and sleep, which can lead to exhaustion. Drowsy driving is quickly becoming one of the leading causes of truck accidents. Safety advocates say it is just as deadly drunk driving, affecting a person’s cognizant abilities and their reaction times. A truck accident lawyer in Longwood FL might subpoena the trucker’s driving logs to show they did not take their mandated breaks.
- Driver fatigue also leads to many drivers abusing prescription and over-the-counter medications that help them stay awake, as well as illegal drugs use. Drug use has also become a frequent factor in commercial truck crashes.
- Mechanical failure is another common cause of truck crashes. Commercial trucks often travel many miles at a time. This can put serious strain and wear and tear on the vehicle. Brakes, steering, and transmission failures are the most frequent mechanical issues discovered in truck accidents. It is the responsibility of the truck driver and the truck owners to inspect the vehicle on a regular basis and make sure that it is always in safe working order. A truck accident lawyer in Longwood FL can call on industry experts to provide this information in court. A lawyer from our firm might also subpoena records from the mechanic to ascertain if the truck was properly maintained.
Contact a Truck Accident to Advocate for You
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, you need a truck accident attorney who will get you the justice your family deserves. Call us to set up a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Longwood FL from David & Philpot, P.L. today.
If you have sustained injuries in a tractor-trailer crash, contact a seasoned truck accident lawyer Lakeland, FL residents recommend to find out if you may entitled to financial damages for your injuries. The lawyers at David & Philpot, P.L. have advocated for injured clients for decades against insurance companies who don’t want to pay victims the compensation they deserve. When you need a truck accident lawyer in Lakeland, FL standing up for your rights, we are the firm to call.
Why Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer Lakeland, FL Victims Depend On?
When a person is injured in a vehicle accident caused by another driver, the typical procedure is that there is one at-fault driver and one victim. The victim or their lawyer will file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for compensation for injuries. The insurance company will either agree to a fair and just settlement or the case will be litigated in court via a lawsuit.
But an accident with a commercial truck can be much more complex. It is not uncommon for there to be more than one at-fault party and more than one liability insurance company to deal with. This is why it is critical to have an experienced truck accident lawyer Lakeland, FL locals depend on in these types of accidents. In addition to the truck driver who was driving at the time of the crash, these entities may also be named in the claim and/or lawsuit:
- The trucking company who owned the truck. Because they own the vehicle, there is automatic liability, however, a lawyer will examine just how culpable the company was by examining the circumstances of the crash. Did the company create unrealistic delivery schedule expectation on the driver which resulted in the driver speeding or staying on the road longer than what is legally allowed under the law? Did the trucking company hire an inexperienced or untrained driver? If the driver has a history of traffic violations, substance abuse problems, or other issues, why did the trucking company allow him on the road? If the accident was caused by a maintenance issue, how often did the company’s mechanics inspect and repair the vehicle?
- The company that loaded the products or cargo that the driver was to deliver. If the accident was caused because the load in the truck shifted or it was loaded over the legal weight limit, the company that loaded the contents may also be named in a truck accident claim.
- Truck part manufacturer. If the accident was caused by a damaged or defective truck part – such as a tire blow out from defective tires – the company that manufactured the defective product could be named as an at-fault party and be held liable for injury damages.
Let a Truck Accident Lawyer Lakeland, FL Clients Trust Help
If you would like to speak with a Lakeland truck accident lawyer, contact David & Philpot, P.L. We are available to meet and discuss your case and offer guidance on what legal recourse you may have for the injuries you have suffered. A truck accident lawyer Lakeland, Fl offers can help you get the justice you deserve.
Contact a compassionate truck accident lawyer Lakeland, FL provides today at (800) 360-7015 for a free case evaluation.