Seeking an attorney after a car accident is typically on the priority list for those who have suffered injuries as a result of an impact. Many turn to the guidance of a legal professional that has knowledge and experience in dealing with personal injuries.
A skilled attorney does not back down easily and believes in obtaining compensation for people who are the victims of another driver’s negligence while on the road. Want to know how an attorney can help your case? Below are ways that an experienced lawyer can assist in the legal process and the various types of accidents. Your attorney, like a car accident attorney Bristol, TN trusts, can determine which kind of collision is most relatable to your case, and obtain evidence in your support of your claim.
How an Attorney Can Help You
– Can assist in ensuring you receive reimbursement by your insurance company by going through the claim filing process thoroughly with you.
– Offer legal advice.
– An attorney can scrutinize the accident details, find witnesses and evidence that supports your case.
– Organize documents and gather health records written by your doctor supporting your damages.
Standard Car Accident Categories & Damages
– Rear Collision: injuries may not be very noticeable right after impact and can be a result of whiplash (quick head jerking backward and/or forward).
– Head-On Accident: the most deadly kind of crash, the impact of each car hitting front-end to front-end when driving in opposite directions typically occurs on a street with no median, or on a highway with no division.
– T-Bone Crash: where one crashes into the other in a perpendicular angle, damage to cars can be severe and the severity of injury depends in part on if the airbag deployed or other safety features were effective.
– Single Car Impact: A vehicle crashes into an object due to driving unsafe or distracted, which may result in a rollover.
– Sideswipe: cars driving next to each other on the road in a parallel angle, damage to the vehicle may be minor such as scratches or dents but the damaged vehicle usually needs some sort of body work.
By choosing an skilled attorney, you can ensure you are taking all steps necessary to get compensated for your losses. We highly recommend obtaining a thorough medical examination as soon as possible following a car accident.
Please consult with an attorney for a consultation, today.
Thanks to our friends and contributors from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt for their insight into car accident cases.